Sunday, February 3, 2013

Football and Panini's

I love football and I love to cook. I didn't want to eat buffalo wings, nachos, burgers or anything like that during the game today but I wanted something different and that tastes great. Instead of looking up recipes, I decided to come up with something that was quick, simple and what I had in my home: Chicken Caprese Panini's.

Here is what you will need:

Sliced Whole Mozzarella & Tomatoes *I only had cherry tomatoes*
                
Olive Oil & Basil Pesto

               
Sliced Sourdough Bread


                
Rotisserie Chicken (1 breast, torn into pieces)






Preheat your panini maker while you are making the sandwiches.

First, spread basil pesto onto one slice of bread.





Next, add the chicken on top of the pesto.




Then, add the tomatoes on top of the chicken.




Then add the sliced mozzarella on top of the tomatoes






Spread basil pesto on the other slice of bread








Drizzle olive oil and spread on the top & bottom of the sliced bread

























Sit the sandwich on the panini maker & close the lid























Gently press down on the handle to make the sandwich smash together to get an evenly cooked sandwich and this allows heat to get inside the sandwich to warm up the mozzarella. Then let it cook for about 5-8 minutes



I got my Giada DeLaurentis Panini maker from Target on clearance!



























Then voila! The sandwich is done! Cut in half & enjoy!  









No comments:

Post a Comment